Saturday 16 June 2012

Boy bands..


The first English pop song I ever listened to was the Backstreet Boys's.It was when I was in my ninth grade.I was a typical teenager,who wanted to try out new things.I was interested in music,movies,sports,travel and a lot other things.My father bought me this new Philips Mp3 cd player,which can play video Cds and also it had 2 built in tape recorders.It was the latest in the market by that time.Now,I heard the name of this band somehow and I liked the title of the band -"Backstreet Boys".It was catchy!!So I bought this album of theirs' named "Backstreet Boys".I still remember the day I bought the cassette and how eagerly I played it on.(the reason for buying cassettes and not Cd's was simple,a company audio Cd costs 300RS,but a company cassette costs 150 Rs.One Cd equaled two cassettes!!,I can spend the extra 150 on another new cassette!!common sense :D )That album was their first album it seems.But I had no idea about it when I bought it. I used to play it all day and all night.I had some favorites in the album...


 1."Get down"
2."Boys will be boys"
3."Quit playing games"
4."As long as you love me"
5."Lets have a party"
6."Everybody(Backstreet's back)
7."Every time I close my eyes"





That was my first exposure to Pop music,I'd say...

And from that day on I started listening to pop songs more than the monotonous Tamil movie songs.I started buying a lot of pop albums.Almost 75% of my  pocket money was spent on cassettes,Cd s !!One day, I happened to see a pop song on TV.The sound of the song itself was totally different from the songs I had previously listened to till that point of time.I loved the song.But somehow I would come across the song only after they have displayed the band name.I was so eagerly waiting to buy that album.And finally one day I got the name of the band it was "Blue" another boy band!So the next day after school,I got this cassette from the stores and as soon as I reached my house jumped out of the car and went running into my room and I played this cassette."All rise" was the first song!!The same song which I had seen on TV it sounded even better in my system.I would have re winded and played it a 100 times the whole day!!!!I liked the whole album,but some songs were more appealing and catchy...they deserve a special mention...


1."All rise"
2."Too Close"
3. "Fly by"
4."Make it happen"
5."This temptation"
6."Back to you"
7."Back some day"
8."Best in me"
9."Girl I'll Never understand"





Now the album has got only 12 songs!!I love these 9 songs.So It's so obvious how much I loved the album.I knew the lyrics to all the song by heart!!! I was so addicted to this band.Blue is one of my favorite bands of all time.My some other favorites from their collections,

1."Bubblin"
2."Get Down On it"
3.."U make me wanna"
4."Sorry seems to be the hardest word"
5."Breathe Easy"
6."When Summer's gone"
7."Walk away"
8."Taste it"
9."Love at first sight"
10."One love"
11."Plz don't treat me like a fool"





2 comments:

  1. post a song or two so that your readers can share a part of your experience..

    ReplyDelete