Wednesday 29 October 2014

Roadside Romeo...

                       Today while I was returning home,I saw him after a long time, one of my favorite dogs (stray) with a pack of dogs, that live in the vicinity of our street park.I was totally surprised to see him there. Main reason was he was the "Alpha dog" in his territory, the street on which our old house was located. He would beat the shit out of any dog that stepped on his territory, I had no clue how he managed to adjust with a new pack. Another reason was the street were he used to "patrol" is quite distant from here, I didn't know what he was doing here. He was resting with the other pack members,I stopped my bike and I called out to him (just a typical sound I make to call them,he and his sisters know that sound means food!!) He looked around to see where the sound came from,I again made that sound for him.He then, found the source of the sound, but the dummy didn't recognize me at first but then he did. He wagged his tail. I called him to my house,I started the bike moved some distance and made the sound,He came towards me, but then, after some steps he got confused as to why I called him and kept moving and he stopped, seeing this I had to stop the bike and again make that sound then he followed me and after sum distance he stopped again,I did the same thing once again,he continued following me. I wanted to give him something to eat to "celebrate" the reunion so I went inside, he was waiting outside eagerly,he knows that if I go inside the house that means food is on the way! I brought some biscuits and egg yolks(U see,bodybuilding!) I placed it near the gate he seemed to enjoy his treat...He always loves biscuits and bones but not a big fan of bread or anything soft. Then something funny happened, while he was eating, his pack member who had followed him, tried to approach the food! GGGrrrrr!!! came the sound... Some things never change!! :D .

                         I know this guy right from when he was a 40 days puppy!! He used to do the same thing back then. Sometime back I used to feed his litter mates. Three  puppies, all black in color through out. But this guy alone has this white patch kinda appearance on his nose and he always did this puppy head tilt. He looked so cute when he did that and was obviously very energetic. I thought of raising him, so one day I took him home but that didn't go well.His mother followed him and she was standing outside our gates and howling, I had no other option but to send him back with his mom, but I still continue feeding them, all the 3 (including their mom. One of his litter mate went missing :( ). He's a really lovely dog.I can take him in now but this guy has grown up totally feral and he's got used to that way of living.I hate to see him with a collar and  inside a confinement called home. But at the same time I know it's dangerous outside...I'm stuck, I don't know what to do...


 (This video was taken a long time back when he was a puppy. One evening, he was playing behind our house I sat on the compound wall and was tossing him biscuits..)

No comments:

Post a Comment