Wednesday 15 May 2013

I am not guilty..

Copy cats,there are so many out there who wants to take credit for someone's  hard work.But what if you are the person who is called one after you have worked so hard with your imaginations and finally came up with some script or a storyline which in your opinion is good and in no way are you deserving such disrespect.It has happened to me quite a number of times.I like to wander in the fields of  my imaginations or fantasies call it whatever.I write stories.I tell stories.Sometimes it happens to be stories of movies which have already been released and which have ran successfully in theaters or out of theaters(!!) but I swear I've never seen those movies before,I swear,I swear.To mention a couple of such strange coincidences,

Once,I came up with a story of a
couple,college going kids who rob just for the sake of the thrill part of it.The two are so madly in love with each other and they both have a passion for breaking rules,stealing and are a notorious couple..But they are not psychopaths just misled youngsters victims of bad media influences.So it was a story about how they committed all their robberies,how they fell in love,their adventures. Now when I thought about this whole thing I never knew about Bonnie and Clyde or The Great train robbery or I had never seen the movie "After the sunset" starring Pierce Brosnan and Salma Hayek.I was sitting in a coffee shop and I saw a couple coming out of the nearby atm and this idea of a couple committing robberies popped up.I did a little work on it and the story was done.So how did I come to know that this was the replica of that movie?? I was narrating the story to a friend and she told me"hey,this sounds like the story of "after the sunset",haven't u seen it before??!!!(poppp...!!!) :(


Another story was about a guy who fell in love with a girl and who risked his life for her,without even knowing if she loved him back.The girl is the only eye witness in  the murder of a big shot and the assassin follows her to kill her too. The hero comes in between them both saves the day.But he's not a hero who can fight a 100 guys with both his hands tied, he is just an average guy unlike the killer who is a ruthless murderer.The girl proposes only in the end of the story.After Hero had killed the killer.So it is a happy ending love story.Now I was narrating this story to another friend  and he says dude this is the story line of the upcoming movie "Paiya" a tamil movie starring Karthi and Tamanna(what the.!!!!) I thought about the story a long time back atleast 3 years before the film hit the screens. I got the inspiration for this story from a trip to Ooty.We were staying in a cottage and they had arranged a campfire that night,imagine, its dark and cold and this fire lights up the darkness and gives warmth on a cold night.And in that light, what if  a guy happens to meet a beautiful girl...that was how I developed the story.But too bad that Lingusamy also came up with a story similar to mine.

         Okay,Now let me get this straighttttttttt.. in no way I can be called a Copy Cat,its unfair.Well,though on one hand its sad to know my efforts have been wasted,It's encouraging to know that I can make up stories which are too good to be made into a movie,my thinking is of Hollywood standards.I AM A GENIUS.!!! :D
             

1 comment:

  1. Hey this happens to others too. Read the biography of mathematical genius Ramanujam. When he found out that many of the proofs that he had arrived at were already well known,he tried to kill himself by lying down on a railway track

    ReplyDelete