Friday 12 April 2013

The Desolate dark crawler..

When I was in 10th standard we were taken on an excursion to Kerala. It was an unforgettable trip..Good times of teenage.So on the second day after reaching Kerala we were taken to this huge zoo.I don't remember the name of it(I got a bad memory).Soon after sometime we entered it. I noticed that I was lost.All my friends who were walking together suddenly disappeared.Maybe too much excitement had caught them and they were in a mood to explore or It was me who lost them, I dunno.So I was walking around by my own looking at the green lush grasses and the trees.

                             When I reached the cages as I walked by, the first thing I happened to see was a Black snake,which was locked inside a cage with net covered from the inside.I approached to take a closer look at it and I could see that the snake barely moved.I've always loved these reptiles ever since I was a Kid.To me they looked like Invincible and splendid.And when I stood there watching at this vicious creature there was this feeling of loneliness and despair that filled the air which got into me.The snake was all lifeless.It had a look, which to me was like as though the soul had already died within its not so long body.The snake must have been at least 4 feet long and it was there lying all curled up  just hissing every now and then.It was such a negative vibration near that cage I couldn't move either,it was like I was being pulled into it more and more with the passage of time.A feeling that I can't describe precisely even after all these years.As this magnificent creature wasn't moving but staying still the visitors didn't spend much time,except for me and the snake there were nobody at the scene.I felt a sense of loneliness a feeling of desolateness in the snake.I was wondering what it was to have been locked up inside a box and fed at right times throughout the day,having numerous visitors staring at you every day.You are given everything but freedom.The creature must have fought to get out of the box,it must have tried it's best to escape but must have failed ultimately.Now since that it had learn't it has got no way out it was lying there lifeless, it's soul already given up.But its heart was still beating.There was a dead rat or some rodent on the other end of the cage.I was standing there and finally took a picture of the snake.Even after like 15-20 minutes I was still standing there unwilling to move.By that time my "lost" friendly friends found me and they broke the spell which the snake had cast on me and took me...It was an unforgettable moment in my teenage phase..

2 comments:

  1. very nice post...good narration. If you have the picture you took, do post it.

    ReplyDelete