Monday 22 October 2012

Pain of guilt

                     I was sitting on my bed surrounded by fire on all sides of me.It crept onto every little thing in my house and it was burning my beloved possessions.Sitting there helpless,I watched the beauty of the fire,its splendidness,how it glowed so radiantly and so majestically! The fangs of wrath devouring on objects greedily and the more it got,it grew even more hungry and the more it wanted..I was sure,that the fire was going to burn every little thing in the room except for me.So I stood there like a child gazing at the passing clouds.The heat was making me sweat.The sound of the burning pages of the books got louder,while I stood there watching all this..

                                       I had everything in my house.Everything a man could want for.I had everything in my house even in spite of thieves stealing a lot of my belongings.My house was 65 years old.It was built by my great grandfathers.It was a symbol of their blood and sweat.I knew all about it but I was too busy with things that I forgot to maintain my house,the thoughts kept elongating while the fire was getting denser.I knew for sure I was the reason for the whole thing to fall apart.I never was satisfied with my house,I never really cared for my house.The servants in whose hands I left the responsibility of taking care of my house were corrupt and inefficient.They made me believe that they took good care of my forefathers' legacy.But deep down I knew they were lying and something kept telling me that things were getting worse with passage of time.Behind my back they were stealing my possessions though I knew about it, I didn't react because I never really cared.As days went by those faithless monkeys were stealing my things so outrageously,even before my eyes,but still I never cared.

                                       By now the fire was  all over my rooftops.I knew that this fire was because of them,this destruction was because of those people who I trusted.They started this fire of destruction by their careless acts may be they had forgot to put off equipments,may be there was a short circuit,may be the lighted candles slipped and fell on the curtains..whatever it was only they knew about it and I was paying the price for the carelessness of both them and mine.The feel of guilt run threw my body when I realized what I have done to my sweet home.Tears rolled down my cheeks...as I watched the fire burn the portrait of my grandfather...

There I was sitting in my house all alone,Watching it all burn down to ashes...

3 comments:

  1. is this a real scenario ? Dude

    ReplyDelete
  2. amigo..."65 years old house"!!doesn't it ring a bell ???It refers to the great nation that we belong to..!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha i might have missed it somewhere ! getting old with the nation!

    ReplyDelete