Saturday 20 October 2012

The Joker

This is one of my favorite scenes from the movie "The Dark Knight"....Joker is finally arrested and the police try to interrogate with him about the missing "DA" Harvey Dent .But he doesn't co-operate with them.So finally he's left to Batman...The following is the ensuing conversation between the two,the Joker gives an interesting explanation to his psychotic acts....

                             

Batman: Then why do you want to kill me?
The Joker: [giggling] I don't, I don't want to kill you! What would I do without you? Go back to ripping off mob dealers? No, no, NO! No. You... you... complete me.
Batman: You're garbage who kills for money.
The Joker: Don't talk like one of them. You're not! Even if you'd like to be. To them, you're just a freak, like me! They need you right now, but when they don't, they'll cast you out, like a leper! You see, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these... these civilized people, they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve.
 Batman: [grabs Joker] Where's Dent?
The Joker: You have all these rules and you think they'll save you!
Batman: I have one rule.
The Joker: Oh, then that's the rule you'll have to break to know the truth.
Batman: [getting impatient] Which is?
The Joker: The only sensible way to live in this world is without rules.

Batman: [slams Joker into mirror] Where are they?
The Joker: Killing is making a choice.
Batman: [punches Joker] Where are they?
The Joker: Choose between one life or the other. Your friend, the district attorney, or his blushing bride-to-be...
[punches Joker]
The Joker: [laughs] You have nothing, nothing to threaten me with! Nothing to do with all your strength!


1 comment:

  1. Well here we go again... the joker always comes up with dark sarcasm against batman a completely different person with the way for perfectness that you can only see or hear about in movies and storyboards..but they make quite a character in contrast :D

    ReplyDelete