Monday 21 May 2012

Ain't no Sunshine,When she's gone...

After a long long time I  played my guitar today.And It felt so great!I hadn't touched my guitar for a while.I almost forgot that I even have a guitar.But somehow took it out today,tuned it, first played a C major scale to see if I was okay,and I thanked my stars, as whatever I learned were still intact.Since I started afresh,I thought of learning a new song.So,I was searching on the internet for a song to play with my guitar.There were loads of "how to play" videos about so many songs with various versions.I happen to come across a song,"Ain't no Sunshine,When she's gone" by Bill Withers.It was a pretty a simple song to play.The person who taught the acoustics part of the song in the video also sang a couple of lines to show where to change the chords and I liked  the sound of it.So,as usual I downloaded the song and man I liked it in no time.Its a small,simple and beautiful song.Kinda Jazz.And It was so enchanting!!The song's about this girl who the singer misses.
                                    ---------------------------------------------------------
                          There was no official music video for the song,except for a video of Bill Withers singing.I thought of writing a storyline for this song,like a pop video and here it is..Here is what I imagined...The story of the song takes place in the eighties in Mexico.The guy wakes up from his sleep,finds that his girlfriend is missing.It's very early in the morning,rays of sunlight penetrates through the curtain gaps and lits up the room.(the song starts here).He knows she's gone.He brushes away the flakes of hair that fall on his face,leans back and sits on the bed thinking about her.The video goes back to the day when he first met her.He's a thief and she is a doctor.(Both use knives,but for different purposes.)He goes to her after a  fight.Both meet,It's Love at first sight.She treats him,covers his wounds with bandages.Then its a montage..both are shown talking for hours, walking on the beach,Riding on a motorcycle,Both kissing each other.When "And I know, I know..."part of the song comes he is shown in the present breaking things,looking at her photos,washing his face,touching her dresses,looking at his knife,ogling at a neighbor chick,,Then again video goes to flashback.She taking his knife and using it meticulously kidding like she's gonna slit his throat,He grabs the knife and looks passionately into her blue eyes...both are so happy together.And one day both plan to go out on a date...but at the last moment she gets a phone call from the hospital.She tells him she's gotta go.He lets her go unwillingly.And every now and then this happens.The girl's occupation interferes with their love life.She spends most of the time at the hospital,treating patients.She's helpless.He seems upset.He misses her.Then he is shown standing on a roof-top looking at her from a distance,performing surgeries, .And then late at night,when she's sleeping.He breaks into her house.She wakes up.Both make love.And the flashback ends there.In the present, he's shown looking at a photo of both of them together!the video fades out....THE END!

And ya, I started practicing the song and I sound okay!!


The lyrics of the song,

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
It's not warm when she's away.
Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
And she's always gone too long
Anytime she goes away.

Wonder this time where she's gone

Wonder if she's gone to stay
Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
And this house just ain't no home
Anytime she goes away.

And I know, I know, I know, I know,

I know, I know, I know, I know, I know,
I know, I know, I know, I know, I know,
I know, I know, I know, I know, I know,
I know, I know, I know, I know, I know,
I know, I know,
Hey, I oughtta leave young thing alone
But ain't no sunshine when she's gone

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

Only darkness every day.
Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
And this house just ain't no home
Anytime she goes away.
Anytime she goes away.


2 comments:

  1. the video, the lyrics, along with your updates.....good package, great song

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning!!I thought you were awake..anyways the story for the video part is mine...

    ReplyDelete