Tuesday 20 March 2012

Welcome to Crunk Rock...



The First time i heard Lil Jon was in Usher's song "Yeah",I loved that song but Usher and Ludacris dominated the song Lil Jon was pushed to the back seat.Then I heard Lil Jon in Pitbull's song "Crazy" Though I am a big fan of Pitbull, I wasn't that much impressed with that song,But Lil Jon made his  presence felt in the song  and he gave it a different flavor! And recently i get to listen to this track by Lil Jon "I Don't give a f*#K"  featuring several other artists.Now dat was one hell of  a rap number i've ever listened to...so i started searching for his songs and i downloaded his last released solo album "Crunk Rock".Thanks to torrentz !:D .(the album was released in 2010,I wonder how it evaded me the last 2 yrs!!! :(  )

I have some favorite tracks in this album like "Ms.Chocolate","Like a stripper","Shots","outta your mind"..But there is this one particular track that tops the others.I kept playing it like all thru my workout today and on my way back home.The song's named "Killas" featuring Ice Cube,Elephant man,The Game along with Lil jon(all the bad "motherf**#ers" come together for this song!!)This track is a fusion of hip hop and Rock.The song's filled with a great level of energy.Its all about the gangster world which is filled with attitude,weapons,narcissism, violence and vengeance.The lyrics of course are explicit!But u get the clean version too!!which i wouldn't recommend as it kills the feel of the song.But as far as the music is concerned its got the best of both worlds.It's power packed and when your working out in ur gym with ur testosterone level surging, this song,for sure can bring out the beast in you....Long live Hip Hop,in whatever form it evolves into and all the bad mean rappers who bust their guts off  to produce great music to entertain all the hip hop fans like me :)

2 comments: