Thursday 19 May 2016

Awestruck

As a part of my work I had to study about Astronomy and comets, a field that was totally new to me. Right from the day I started reading about it I was awestruck. Who wouldn't be ? After reading how big the solar system is and about the sun, the moon, the stars, about how each planet revolves in a way that doesn't make them collide with their peers and when you realize how everything exists in a perfect balance

The more I read about it, the more I was provoked to think about Creation, including life on earth and its  complexities. I was wondering how perfectly each and every life was created right from a small ant to the giant whales! . To list some of those special features, an involuntary mechanism that makes the heart beat , makes the body digest food and supply the required energy to the body so a life form can survive, eyesight , hearing, sleep , the functioning of the brain,etc It all seemed so perfect. ( some irregularities do exist here and there! Like babies born with one limb ,etc some females born with no heart :P but that's not I want to record here. I wanted to record about the beauty and mystique of life forms.)

I was pondering on how everything should have began. When I wondered about everything I mentioned I couldn't help but accept that there must be a creator or creators of everything. So technically each and everyone of us including the smallest of the viruses to the dinosaurs are all creations. A question sprung in my mind  If we are creations what are we created for? Is there any purpose for our existence ?!

Haven't found the answers, but still lost in the beauty . I must admit this study gave a new perspective to my approach to life and how I see everything including the concept of creationism. A quote comes to my mind now from the book "The Alchemist " which relates to my questions!

“We are travelers on a cosmic journey,stardust,swirling and dancing in the eddies and whirlpools of infinity. Life is eternal. We have stopped for a moment to encounter each other, to meet, to love, to share.This is a precious moment. It is a little parenthesis in eternity.”


I still have no answers but undeniably Life is a gift and we are all beautiful life forms....

No comments:

Post a Comment